- Flexible scale allows for dynamic workloads to be supported
- Flexible data models are available to support any type or data.
- Extreme read and writing capabilities for demanding customer applications
- Data management simplified for all types of applications
- Lowers data management cost.
The firm used other research to highlight how important the technology is to enterprises. This graphic is available: [Click the image for a larger view] Enterprise Architects See the Opportunity in NoSQL (source : Forrester Global Business Technographics Data and Analytics Survey 2016, 2016) Forrester reviewed 15 vendors for its NoSQL report: Aerospike. AWS, Basho Technologies. Couchbase. DataStax. Google. IBM. MarkLogic. MapR Technologies. MongoDB. Microsoft. Neo Technology. Oracle. OrientDB. Redis Labs. Amazon DynamoDB stood out among them, closely following MongoDB in Wave’s Strategy axis and only a few databases in Current Offering axis. However, Forrester did not provide a numerical ranking of the offerings. Forrester stated that Amazon DynamoDB was the most popular NoSQL-based cloud database. “Amazon DynamoDB, a fully managed NoSQL cloud data storage platform, uses a solid state drive (SSD), to store and process data. It can also be used to access data to support high-performance and scale-driven applications. It automatically splits the data between servers based on the workload’s throughput or storage requirements. This allows for seamless handling of larger, more complex use cases. Customers can scale, monitor, and manage their tables via AWS management Console and APIs. DynamoDB is also tightly integrated with Amazon EMR. This allows customers to run queries that span multiple sources of data. DynamoDB supports key-value and text models natively and has a library to geospatial indexing. The TitanDB plug-in now supports graph. DynamoDB is used by enterprises to support a variety use cases such as advertising campaigns, social media apps, tracking gaming information and collecting and analyzing log data. [Click on the image to see a larger view.] Forrester Wave Big Data NoSQL Q3 2016, source: Forrester Research. Here are Forrester’s summary of the eight other offerings in the Leaders category. They include a combination of each vendor’s current offering, strategy, and market presence.
- Pros from [enterprise architecture] have shortlisted MongoDB for its document capabilities, security, and tooling, as well as its services.
- DataStax is well-equipped to handle applications that require data distribution across datacenters or the cloud using the Apache Cassandra platform.
- MarkLogic’s mature multimodel databas